‘Think, Believe, Do’
The SPM Development Services Mentoring programme prides itself on focusing and achieving tangible deliverables. Tracking the improvement and palpable progress made justifies the investment in the programme.
The SPM Peer Mentoring Programme is designed to provide young people from all backgrounds with a variety of coping strategies and routines whilst enhancing their educational, recreational and social experience. This is achieved by facilitating positive relationships that encourage participants to thrive in the pursuit of academic success, effective social skills and heightened self-awareness.
What is Peer Mentoring?
is an effective means of addressing bullying, student attendance, academic achievement and positive behaviour. Mentoring is a powerful and effective way for people to learn a variety of personal and professional skills.
In our peer mentoring programme, success is often achieved through the use of engaging practical resources as well as social media and motivational speakers. Tasks to help the group and individuals are meticulously planned to suit the mentees. Mentees are incentivised to keep developing through weekly
and monthly celebration of milestones achieved.
Benefits for Mentee:
- Self-esteem boost
- Receive practical advice, guidance and constant support
- Opportunity to learn from the experiences of others
- Improve social and academic confidence
- Enhance communication, social and study skills
- Acquire specific strategies to address personal and academic challenges
- Set SMART targets and receive support in achieving desired outcomes
- Opportunity to make new friends and increase support network
- Assistance in overcoming barriers to learning
Benefits for learning institution:
- Tracking data showing improvements on agreed deliverables
- Measurable contribution to positive behaviour management
- Addresses issues of attendance and punctuality.
- Addresses issues of challenging and/or disruptive behaviour
- Improves overall grades and attainment levels
- Promotes positive school ethos
- Supports social and emotional aspects of learning within the curriculum (SEAL)
- Supports the development of an emotionally literate school/college